Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hey there, everybody!

Just a cat picture here, but there's a twist as this one you haven't seen yet before!
Drumroll. . .
Welcome to our family of misfits, Navi! This little babe here is our newest addition as of last month, who has been named Navi (as you read previously), named after the little fairy in Legend of Zelda. She was a stray my sister's friend found at the campsite her family goes to a lot and over the course of a month she saw Navi every time they went and people fed her when they were there, sure, but she was really malnourished and bloated and her front paws are crooked from an old fracture wound. Her ear is nicked in a couple of places, and she's very affectionate.
Now, she was planned to only stay one night so my sister and her boyfriend could get her to the vet, since initially she was meant to go back to his house. Of course, that's not how it went. He did name her, however, but after a few days of her staying with us, we finally got her to the vet and the man thought she might be pregnant, so whoops, she's gotta stay with us for another two weeks before we can tell anything and she can't get any shots until then.
So, after the two weeks, it was clear my sister wasn't going to take responsibility for her, so my mum and I took her to the vet. She wasn't pregnant (thank god), but there's a little problem I forgot to mention earlier.
This affectionate, bubbly, dopey cat is 100% deaf. Both ears. Can't hear a thing.
So we looked up some information and we've begun to use visuals to get her attention, we leave a light on every night so she won't start screeching to try to find people when we're asleep (she did it for the first two weeks we had her until we knew for sure that she had been in heat on top of her being deaf- woo), if we take her outside it's always on a leash and we always have her in sight, and we deter the other guys' grumpy behavior away so they don't try to hurt her when she doesn't hear them growl and continues to sit there being her happy-go-snuggly self.
Since she was brought home for the first time, she's gained at least a pound from our last checkup at the vet's, her fur is no longer scraggly and tattered and is now quite downy and fluffy, she's stopped screeching throughout the night (though in the morning on weekends, if I'm not up by six-thirty she'll start meowing, since I'm normally up at five every day for school), and as of Thursday we finally got her fixed and she's been a sleepy, snuggly mess since we brought her home. Oh yeah, during her surgery she also got a broken canine tooth removed, so that's a good thing.
Anyways, let's all give Navi a warm welcome to the family in the form of snuggles and silly faces, since she won't be able to hear your greetings and will probably just stare at you with her pretty eyes until you pet her anyways.

There you go- a nice story to go along with our newest addition! Also, a little extra photo. . .
She had woken up right after I took the first photo and I was taking another as she was looking at me and she blinked and this was the aftermath, so of course I had to keep it and include it here!

Also a little update: to my fellow NaNo's out there, NaNoWriMo is creeping up again and I've set myself up for November by beginning my character designs and my outline, as well as putting up the synopsis on the official website! You all can find my account on the website here , and you should all also expect to see some updates throughout the month while I'm writing! And if I'm not updating here, I'll most certainly be updating on my Tumblr, which can be found here!
Anyways, that's it for now, I suppose! I'm off to try to sleep, since I start my week bright and early again tomorrow and sleep is essential if I want to be able to function properly tomorrow.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope to be back with another update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment